Fire Extinguisher Training - Nationally Recognised
Demonstrte First Attack Fire-Fighting equipment - CPPFES2005A
(Nationally Recognised Fire Extinguisher Training)
We find employees are reluctant to use fire extinguishers due to a lack of knowledge in how to operate them. If the incorrect extinguishing agent is applied to a fire it could result in further spread and danger to life. Therefore it is imperative that employees are equipped with the correct training to be able to make the right decisions in an emergency, prevent further damage to property and ensure their personal safety.
If your workplace policies dictate that your employees obtain nationally accredited training, this course meets all requirements specified in the Unit Of Competency PUAWER008B.
Who should attend?
- Fire Tetrahedron and Theory of combustion
- Fire Classification
- Extinguisher Identification and colour coding
- Extinguishing agent and extinguishment methodologies
- Fire hose reel and Fire Blanket
- Operating Fire Extinguishers
- Hazard identification in the workplace
- Housekeeping techniques to reduce fire risk
- Fire Response procedures
- Safe working practices
- Written and practical assessment
- 3 hours
- Training to be conducted at the client’s premises or at our training facility in Balcatta
- Area for hot fire (15 square meters) will be required to allow participants to use fire fighting equipment to extinguish a live fire
- Training or meeting room with projector will be required for theory component of the course
- Trainees to wear long sleeve tops and enclosed shoes
- All trainers have a current Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- For best trainer to learner ratio, maximum trainees per course is 12
- Upon successful completion of the course, each participant will receive a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment.
- This training is delivered in partnership with PFI Consulting RTO 52289