Emergency Warden Training - PUAWER005B
Operate as part of an Emergency Control Organisation - Nationally Recognised Training
If your workplace policies dictate that your employees obtain nationally recognised training, this course meets all requirements specified in the Unit Of Competency PUAWER005B.
Emergency evacuations can be chaotic if no set group of wardens (Emergency Control Organisation) are in place to take charge of the evacuation, search for missing personnel or to conduct head count at muster points. This chaos can result in delay in evacuation, injury to staff and potential entrapment in a fire or building collapse. Therefore it is imperative that wardens are equipped with the correct training to be able to make the right decisions in an emergency, evacuate personnel in a timely manner and ensure their personal safety.
This course equips delegated emergency wardens with the skills and knowledge to respond efficiently and effectively should your employees be required to evacuate in an emergency.
Who should attend?
This course is valuable for any new and existing wardens who may be required to evacuate employees and visitors in an emergency situation.
- Human behaviour in an emergency
- Types of emergencies
- Basic fire behaviour
- Evaluating and responding to emergencies
- Identification, roles and responsibilities of emergency wardens
- Roles and responsibilities of Emergency Planning Committee
- Roles and responsibilities of Emergency Control Organisation
- Alarms and Emergency Warning and Intercommunication Systems (EWIS)
- Use of emergency control equipment and facilities
- Controlling assembly point and accountability of personnel
- Co-operating with Emergency Services
- Post initial response – restoration, debrief and reporting
- Evacuation drill if required
- PUAWER005B/01: Respond to emergency reports, signals and warnings
- PUAWER005B/02: Initiate and control initial emergency response
- PUAWER005B/03: Anticipate the further development of emergencies
- PUAWER005B/04: Assist with post initial response
Training to be conducted at the client’s premises or at our training facility in Balcatta
To ensure participants get maximum value out of this course the following are required to be provided by the client:
- Training or meeting room will be required for theory component of the course
- Maximum 15 learners for optimum instructor to learner ratio
Upon successful completion of the course, each participant will receive a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment
Recommended related training:
Emergency Wardens are expected to extinguish fires once occupants are evacuated. We recommend that Fire Extinguisher Training is conducted in conjunction with this course. Contact us today
to ask about our package deal specials or to book this course.