Chief Warden Training
Lead an Emergency Control Organisation PUAWER006B
Nationally Recognised Training (Accredited)
This course equips the designated Chief Warden and potential Chief Wardens with the necessary knowledge and skills to lead an emergency control organisation.
When a building is required to evacuate during an emergency, the Chief Warden is the person who orchestrates this activity to ensure it runs smoothly and safely. They also contact the emergency services and liaise with them once they arrive. They have a key leadership role and are an integral part of a safe and expedient evacuation. Therefore it is imperative that Chief Wardens are equipped with the correct training to be able to make the right decisions in an emergency.
Who should attend?
This course is valuable for any existing and porential Chief Wardens.
- Responsibilities, priorities and leadership of Chief Wardens
- Types of emergencies and workplace considerations
- Emergency prevention measures
- Risk management principles
- Correct ECO selection
- Human behaviour in an emergency and evacuee welfare
- Emergency preparation (response plan, EPC, ECO and evacuation drills)
- Initial Response to Emergencies (signals, warnings, alarms and emergency service contact)
- Recovery from emergencies
- Critical Incident Stress Management
- Recording and reporting
- PUAWER006B/01: Prepare for workplace emergencies
- PUAWER006B/02: Apply command, control and co-ordinate aspects of workplace emergency procedures
- PUAWER006B/03: Control the ‘response to emergency’ reports, signals and warnings
- PUAWER006B/04: Co-ordinate reports and results of initial emergency response
- PUAWER006B/05: Conclude incident
Training to be conducted at the client’s premises
To ensure participants get maximum value out of this course the following are required to be provided by the client:
- Training or meeting room will be required for theory component of the course
- Maximum 12 learners for optimum instructor to learner ratio
- Prepare staff for an evacuation drill if you wish to conduct one
Upon successful completion of the course, each participant will receive a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment
PUAWER005 Emergency Warden (operate as part of an emergency control organisation)
Recommended related training:
Emergency Wardens are expected to extinguish fires once occupants are evacuated. We recommend that Fire Extinguisher Training is conducted in conjunction with this course. Contact us today
to ask about our package deal specials or to book this course.